The Stats Zone are looking to recruit multiple individuals to analyse and scout players and teams across the north of England, Ireland and Scotland.
You will attend matches as designated by TSZ and produce reports on players and teams in a timely and accurate manner. TSZ will provide a clear guidelines on the criteria for analysis and you will be expected to meet the high standards we expect.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
· The administration and delivery of a comprehensive Scouting Analysis service.
· Work closely with TSZ scouting analysts to develop and monitor specific technical benchmarks for comparative analysis
· Attend matches and produce regular scouting feedback reports adhering to the criteria outlined by TSZ
· Apply numerical values to abilities and skills using TSZ’s technical definitions
· Work with TSZ staff to collect information on tournaments and fixtures across age groups and regions
The successful candidate should possess:
· A B.Sc. (Hons) degree in sports science, performance analysis or a similarly related degree with a minimum 2:1 classification
· Relevant vocational qualifications and experience that provide an understanding of the technical and tactical demands of Professional football
· Formal training in research methods
· Experience of working in a professional football club
· Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work with total discretion
· Experience in using performance analysis systems and software
· Be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office or similar packages
· Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and as an effective team member
· The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner and practical approach to problem solving
· A willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with the demands of the role
· Full driving license
· A commitment to driving forwards continuous improvement in their working environment
· Sound personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure
We are looking for students of sport....individuals who are not just armchair fans, but interested in delving further into what is happening, and why it happens. We are looking for individuals who are constantly striving to take analysis to the next level. We are not looking for members of the old boys’ network who have done the same thing for the last 10-20 years. You should be comfortable with data as much as tactics and analysis.
This is a part time role on a contractor basis. You are responsible for declaring what you earn to the relevant authorities.
Payment is made on a per game basis with minimal expenses covered. Fees are paid promptly on a monthly basis.
You should be able and willing to travel to matches, and please outline in your application the teams closest to you and the distances from where you are based. Matches will be assigned on a weekly basis.
How to apply
We need a CV from you please. We don’t need a long cover letter – please provide an email explaining the motivation behind your application and sell yourself to us. It would be beneficial to your application to provide a sample piece(s) of your previous work to demonstrate your abilities. These will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Send your application to [email protected] by 31st July. Assuming we consider your application of suitable quality, we’ll get in touch with everybody regardless of whether you’ve been successful or not in the week commencing 8th August.
We are sticklers for strong and unique applications, so take your time, read this page carefully, and only apply if you are seriously interested in the role!
And our last note – recruitment consultants, you can also save your time. We will be managing these roles directly!