Where is Novak Djokovic vs Cristian Garin taking place? Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
When is Novak Djokovic vs Cristian Garin on? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – not before 16:00 (UK)
What channel is Novak Djokovic vs Cristian Garin on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Novak Djokovic vs Cristian Garin? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Novak Djokovic vs Cristian Garin? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Novak Djokovic and Cristian Garin? N/A
- Novak Djokovic came through his second ATP Cup singles rubber in relative ease over France’s Gael Monfils but with the tie at 1-1 he also played the doubles match, which went to a championship tiebreak.
- There will be some concern for the world number two’s fitness here after he called a medical time-out in the doubles match with France to have treatment to his right arm.
- Serbia will be aiming to have this tie finished at 2-0 in order to give Djokovic more rest time, and that responsibility will rest on the shoulders of Dusan Lajovic who faces Nicolas Jarry first.
- Cristian Garin was completely overwhelmed by a resurgent Kevin Anderson in Chile’s previous tie against South Africa and then lost the dead-rubber doubles alongside Nicolas Jarry to lose the tie 0-3.
- Chile will have had little optimism of qualifying for the latter stages in a Group A containing France and Serbia, with Garin’s only victory at this tournament coming in the first tie – also a dead-rubber doubles match against France.
- The world number 33 enjoyed his best year on tour last season, with two ATP title in Houston and Munich, where be beat Alexander Zverev along the way, but he has never faced Novak Djokovic.
This will be the toughest match of young Cristian Garin’s blossoming career as he has never faced a top three player like Novak Djokovic, with his nearest experience a straight-sets loss to the on-fire Daniil Medvedev at the Rogers Cup last year. Djokovic has looked physically uncomfortable on court for most of the tournament but that will not stop him blasting past the Chilean here.