Where is Marin Cilic vs Guido Pella taking place? Ken Rosewall Arena, Sydney, Australia
When is Marin Cilic vs Guido Pella on? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – not before 23:30 (UK)
What channel is Marin Cilic vs Guido Pella on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Marin Cilic vs Guido Pella? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Marin Cilic vs Guido Pella? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Marin Cilic and Guido Pella? Guido Pella beat Marin Cilic 6-3, 5-7, 6-1
- Marin Cilic helped Croatia secure their second tie 2-1 over Poland by beating Kacper Zuk in straight sets and they can top a fairly even Group E here in some permutations even if Argentina take the tie.
- The former world number three has been struggling for form for some time now and enters this tournament alongside Borna Coric in the unfamiliar place of second option at world number 38.
- However, Cilic is playing well at the ATP Cup and is an excellent second option to have, especially in this case as Borna Coric could well lose to Diego Schwartzman who threatened to play well towards the end of his match with Dominic Thiem last time out.
- Guido Pella beat Poland’s Kamil Majchrzak in the first tie to help Argentina to a 2-1 win but failed to capitalise on a 6-0 first set over Austria’s Dennis Novak to lose that rubber in three.
- The world number 25 enjoyed his best year on tour last season when he reached a career-high 20th in the world, winning his first ATP title in Brazil and more impressively reaching the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.
- Pella also found success the previous year at Wimbledon where he beat Marin Cilic in five gruelling sets and the Argentinian came out on top again last year on clay at the Monte-Carlo Masters to lead their head-to-head 2-1.
This match could really go either way between two players who have yet to play their best tennis at the ATP Cup. While this has been an issue with Marin Cilic for some time, he has managed to win both of his ATP Cup matches, while Guido Pella is 1-1. Pella, however, seems to have a knack against big servers. He’s 2-1 up against Cilic here but found great success against fellow power-servers Kevin Anderson and Milos Raonic at Wimbledon last year and he can utilise that experience to take this rubber too.