Where is Gael Monfils vs Kevin Anderson taking place? Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
When is Gael Monfils vs Kevin Anderson on? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – not before 23:30 (UK)
What channel is Gael Monfils vs Kevin Anderson on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gael Monfils vs Kevin Anderson? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Gael Monfils vs Kevin Anderson? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Gael Monfils and Kevin Anderson? Kevin Anderson beat Gael Monfils 7-6, 7-6, 5-7, 7-6
- Gael Monfils was not exactly blown away by Novak Djokovic in France’s tie with Serbia but there was never any doubt that the world number two would win in straight sets once play began.
- 33-year-old Monfils appears to be enjoying the camaraderie of the inaugural ATP Cup and could be seen encouraging Benoit Paire from the team zone in the first rubber before his match with Djokovic.
- The Frenchman has a strong 83% win percentage over his next opponent Kevin Anderson but the South African won the last encounter at Wimbledon in 2018 in a gruelling round of 16 match that saw three tiebreaks.
- Kevin Anderson looked a real threat in his first tie with Novak Djokovic and proved it when he met Chile’s Cristian Garin, handing him a bagel in the first set of a comprehensive victory.
- With Serbia safely through, both South Africa and France have an outside chance of finishing as one of the runners-up and the outcome of this match could hang on the result of a difficult first rubber to call between Lloyd Harris and Benoit Paire.
- Anderson has beaten Monfils only once, and at the absolute peak of his powers during the run to the 2018 Wimbledon final in the season he reached a career-high 5th in the ATP world rankings.
History is on the side of Gael Monfils here as the Frenchman holds a healthy 5-1 lead in matches played with Kevin Anderson, but this match looks like it could go the other way. Both players are in the twilight of their careers at 33, and Monfils’ last win over the South African came over three years ago. Both players know what it is to suffer injury, but Anderson has returned from a long lay-off in impeccable form. Based on both players’ performances against Novak Djokovic this week, and the outside factor that France will – probably – be 1-0 up by the time they take to the court, Kevin Anderson can find the fight to beat Monfils.