Where is Dominic Thiem vs Hubert Hurkacz taking place? Ken Rosewall Arena, Sydney, Australia
When is Dominic Thiem vs Hubert Hurkacz on? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – not before 16:00 (UK)
What channel is Dominic Thiem vs Hubert Hurkacz on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Dominic Thiem vs Hubert Hurkacz? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Dominic Thiem vs Hubert Hurkacz? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Dominic Thiem and Hubert Hurkacz? Hubert Hurkacz beat Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-4
- World number four Dominic Thiem was in control for most of his match with Argentina’s Diego Schwartzman and came through in straight sets after a second-set tiebreak.
- Austria secured a 3-0 victory with Dennis Novak coming back to beat Guido Pella and the doubles partnership of Marach and Melzer kept alive the slim chance of qualifying still.
- Thiem will have to beat Hubert Hurkacz for the first time if he is to give Austria any hope of coming through as one of the runners-up after the young Pole beat him in Miami last year.
- Hubert Hurkacz has held up his side of the bargain at the ATP Cup with two excellent wins over Argentina’s Diego Schwartzman and Croatia’s Borna Coric, but Poland are yet to win a tie.
- The 22-year-old has also played in two doubles defeats alongside Lukasz Kubot for Poland, though could be pivotal if this tie goes to a decider that might see Dominic Thiem step in at the other side of the court.
- Hurkacz broke through last year as a tricky and powerful opponent, winning his first ATP title at the Winston-Salem Open and beating the likes of Stefanos Tsitsipas, Kei Nishikori (twice) and of course Thiem.
Dominic Thiem has displayed most of his game at the ATP Cup so far this year, with some astounding shot-making contrasting the occasional loss of focus. He is 1-1, with a loss to Borna Coric and a win over Diego Schwartzman, and Hubert Hurkacz will fancy his chances of another win over the Austrian having watched those matches. Dennis Novak should have made this tie 1-0 to Austria at this point, so the added incentive will be with the young Pole to cause the upset.