Where is David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov taking place? Ken Rosewall Arena, Sydney, Australia
When is David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov on? Tuesday 7th January, 2020 – not before 06:30 (UK)
What channel is David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between David Goffin and Grigor Dimitrov? Grigor Dimitrov beat David Goffin 7-5, 6-3
- David Goffin looked off the pace for most of his second singles match at the ATP Cup against Great Britain’s Dan Evans, to whom he lost in straight sets despite a last-minute improvement in form.
- The world number 11 was expected to secure the tie for Belgium after Steve Darcis pulled the upset over Cameron Norrie in the first match, and the mood in the Belgium camp seemed defeated even before their doubles team were beaten to end the tie 2-1.
- 29-year-old Goffin is ranked higher than his foe Grigor Dimitrov but on current form that is somewhat a false statistic, and he is on the wrong end of a hefty 8-1 head-to-head record.
- Grigor Dimitrov put in an assured performance against Moldova’s Radu Albot to help take Bulgaria to a surprising first two wins from two in Group C and they can seal top spot by winning this tie.
- There is no doubt that Dimitrov is the star, like Goffin, in an otherwise inexperienced Bulgarian unit, but the team spirit is there to be seen in Dimitrov’s camp while the Belgians have looked deflated at times.
- Dimitrov faced Goffin as recently as six tour matches ago at the Paris Masters last October where he also beat Dominic Thiem in the next round before losing well to eventual champion Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.
This match looked to be Grigor Dimitrov and David Goffin’s biggest test in the group stages at the ATP Cup at the start of the week. However, Dimitrov’s week started tough following a spirited comeback against Dan Evans, who then beat Goffin, to make this match look like the Bulgarian’s for the taking. It was unclear if Goffin was entirely fit, or well, in his match with Evans but the Belgian camp in general looked ready for defeat and, while Steve Darcis could make this 1-0 in the previous match, Dimitrov should claim this victory.