Where is Daniil Medvedev vs John Isner taking place? RAC Arena, Perth, Australia
When is Daniil Medvedev vs John Isner on? Sunday 5th January, 2020 – not before 09:30 (UK)
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs John Isner on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs John Isner? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs John Isner? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Daniil Medvedev and John Isner? N/A
- Daniil Medvedev came through a tricky first ATP Cup match with Fabio Fognini to claim the tie for Russia and then played in the doubles alongside Karen Khachanov to see Russia win 3-0.
- Though Medvedev was not part of the Russian team who played valiantly up until the semi-finals of the Davis Cup, the Russians thrived on using just two players for all their singles and doubles matches and the pair of Khachanov and Medvedev is a formidable one.
- A deep run in this tournament will do Medvedev the world of good as he gears up for the Australian Open as one of the outside favourites for the title after his heroics at the US Open.
- John Isner suffered a shock defeat at the hands of young Norwegian Casper Ruud after taking the first set tiebreak in a match that almost broke the three hour mark.
- The USA lost the resulting doubles to Norway to lose the tie 1-2 and that realistically ends their slim chances of qualifying for the latter rounds with Norway their must-win target.
- Isner has never faced Daniil Medvedev before but lost to his compatriot Khachanov at Indian Wells last year and failed to beat a top 10 player last season in four attempts.
This match is unlikely to be one-sided with the service game of John Isner notoriously difficult to break but the play-style of Daniil Medvedev should lend itself naturally to defeating the powerful American. Medvedev should be able to upset Isner’s rhythm throughout and if it comes to tiebreaks, as it so often does in Isner’s matches, the Russian should benefit.