Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud taking place? RAC Arena, Perth, Australia
When is Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud on? Tuesday 7th January, 2020 – not before 02:00 (UK)
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Daniil Medvedev vs Casper Ruud? N/A
- Daniil Medvedev made light work of John Isner in his second singles win at the ATP Cup but later lost in the dead rubber doubles alongside Karen Khachanov, who beat Taylor Fritz earlier.
- Medvedev and Khachanov as a doubles pairing are still relatively untested and Russia may well miss the likes of Andrey Rublev later in the tournament, who played so well alongside Khachanov at the Davis Cup.
- 23-year-old Medvedev will face another first-time foe in Casper Ruud with the pressure a little off as Russia are the only members of Group D to have won two ties so far.
- Few would have thought it at the start of the week but Norway are 1-1 with their starlet Casper Ruud beating two top 20 players so far in John Isner and Fabio Fognini.
- 21-year-old Ruud’s two victories so far have been vastly impressive in their difference, with a real slog against John Isner coming in at just under three hours long followed by a comprehensive 6-2, 6-2 dismissal of world number 12 Fognini.
- Ruud is threatening to have another, bigger breakthrough year this season as he reached a career-high 53rd at the start of the week and he could well break the top 50 by next Monday.
Casper Ruud has been a mini revelation at the ATP Cup, and while his achievements are not centre stage at the tournament, he has quietly beaten the USA in singles and doubles for Norway (alongside Viktor Durasovic) and dismantled a top player in Fabio Fognini. However, Ruud has not yet faced Daniil Medvedev and it feels as if the Russian is yet to hit his top gears yet at this competition. Ruud could win a set, the shock could even be on, but Medvedev should realistically take this in two.