Where is Alexander Zverev vs Alex de Minaur taking place? Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
When is Alexander Zverev vs Alex de Minaur on? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – not before 10:30 (UK)
What channel is Alexander Zverev vs Alex de Minaur on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Alexander Zverev vs Alex de Minaur? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match via Amazon Prime Video
Where can I get tickets for Alexander Zverev vs Alex de Minaur? https://www.atpcup.com/tickets
Who won the last meeting between Alexander Zverev and Alex de Minaur? Alexander Zverev beat Alex de Minaur 6-4, 6-4
- World number seven Alexander Zverev officially ended the season last year in a semi-final loss to eventual runner-up Dominic Thiem at the ATP Finals.
- However, Zverev snubbed the Davis Cup in Madrid for a lucrative exhibition tour of South America to play Roger Federer in five one-off matches, for which he was roundly criticised.
- Zverev has a healthy 100% win percentage over his first ATP Cup foe Alex de Minaur with four wins from a possible four, the last of which came last year in Mexico.
ALEX DE MINAUR
- Alex de Minaur finished off 2019 in some excellent form and re-emerged at the Davis Cup to many as a top young talent, winning all three of his rubbers in Madrid.
- 20-year-old De Minaur had previously featured at the Next Gen ATP Finals in Milan where he battled his way to the finals before losing out to young Italian prodigy Jannik Sinner.
- This is the second time that De Minaur will face Alexander Zverev in an international tournament after the pair faced off for the first time at the Davis Cup in 2018, though De Minaur is now the Australian number one.
This is a more difficult match to call than it might look on paper, with both of these players looking to kick-start a new season as ever-present title challengers in 2020. While Alexander Zverev seems the more obvious choice, Alex de Minaur ended 2019 in serious form and did not lose a match at the Davis Cup, despite Australia’s exit. The extra international experience could serve him well here, while the pressure to perform for Germany hangs heavy around the neck of Zverev. De Minaur could just shade this, but either way this looks destined for a decider.