Where is John Isner vs Jordan Thompson taking place? Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, New York
When is John Isner vs Jordan Thompson on and what time does it start? Thursday 13th January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What channel is John Isner vs Jordan Thompson on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream John Isner vs Jordan Thompson in the UK? Tennis TV subscribers may also be able to stream the match
Where can I get tickets for John Isner vs Jordan Thompson? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 New York Open
Who won the last meeting between John Isner vs Jordan Thompson? John Isner beat Jordan Thompson 3-6, 6-3, 7-6
- World number 18 John Isner will begin his week at the New York Open by playing Men’s Doubles alongside compatriot Tommy Paul on Wednesday as he received a bye to the round of 16 in the singles.
- The 34-year-old has never reached the finals here in New York despite making the semi-finals on two previous occasions, losing to the next generation of American big-servers Reilly Opelka in last year’s semi.
- Isner holds a strong 3-0 head-to-head record over Jordan Thompson with a Roland-Garros win in 2017 more recently complemented by two hard court victories last season, including in the quarter-finals here.
- Jordan Thompson negotiated the unorthodox challenge of Croatia’s big-serving legend Ivo Karlovic in the first round of the New York Open, facing just 11 aces from the 40-year-old in a straight sets victory.
- The Australian was close to overcoming a tetchy Fabio Fognini in the second round of the Australian Open last time out on tour but ultimately lost in five mammoth sets to the 12th seed.
- World number 63 Thompson made it past two Americans in Noah Rubin and Christopher Eubanks before losing to Isner in the quarter-finals here last year but he was at his best on grass courts in 2019.
Jordan Thompson will have it all to do here of he is to beat John Isner for the first time, and two defeats to the American veteran last season do not bode well for his chances. However, his first round tussle with Ivo Karlovic will have given him the best possible practice for defending against a powerful service game and he could take this all the way against an ever more fallible Isner. Tiebreaks will almost certainly be involved here, where Thompson could suffer having lost two of three he’s played this season, and the home advantage could be a telling factor in a tight Isner victory.