Where is Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson taking place? Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, New York
When is Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson on and what time does it start? Wednesday 12th January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What channel is Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson in the UK? Tennis TV subscribers may also be able to stream the match
Where can I get tickets for Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 New York Open
Who won the last meeting between Andreas Seppi vs Steve Johnson? Andreas Seppi beat Steve Johnson 6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
- 35-year-old Andreas Seppi made less break points than his first round opponent Damir Dzumhur but managed to scrape through his opening Rotterdam Open match in the deciding tiebreak.
- The world number 98 has plenty of history with the Rotterdam Open as a two-time quarter-finalist and more recently a semi-finalist in 2018, where he lost to Roger Federer.
- Seppi was the winner the last time he faced Steve Johnson, in the first round of the 2019 Australian Open, but he is on the wrong side of a 3-1 head-to-head record with the American.
- Steve Johnson dropped the first set in his opening New York Open match with Tennys Sandgren but he managed to turn things around and won the deciding tiebreak.
- In beating his currently higher-ranked compatriot, world number 75 Johnson won his first tour-level match of 2020 and his first at this tournament since its move to New York.
- 30-year-old Johnson reached a career-high 21st in the ATP world rankings back in 2016 and has won three of his four ATP titles in his native USA, although none on hard courts.
Here’s a match that could go either way between two experienced and dogged competitors but the nature of their previous matches at the New York Open suggests this could be Steve Johnson’s day. Andreas Seppi edged past Damir Dzumhur to reach this stage but Johnson’s defeat of Tennys Sandgren, who admittedly could still be living in his US Open loss, is a notable achievement and he can win this in front of his home support.