Where is Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert taking place? Delray Beach Tennis Center, FL, USA
When is Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert on and what time does it start? Tuesday 18th February, 2020 – not before 18:40 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert? Sunny spells, 28c
What channel is Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert in the UK? Tennis TV subscribers may be able to stream the match
Where can I get tickets for Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Delray Beach Open
Who won the last meeting between Kyle Edmund vs Ugo Humbert? Kyle Edmund beat Ugo Humbert 6-3, 6-2
- Kyle Edmund came out of nowhere to win his second ever ATP title at the New York Open last weekend with a comprehensive straight-sets victory over Andreas Seppi.
- As a result, Edmund has shot up the ATP rankings to world number 45 and could make some serious ground on the players above him with another good run here in Florida.
- 25-year-old Edmund was the winner the only previous time he faced Ugo Humbert with a straight-sets victory on clay in Marrakech last year.
- French prospect Ugo Humbert lost out in the quarter-finals of the New York Open last week to Miomir Kecmanovic in three sets, with the Serb going on to lose to Kyle Edmund in the semi-finals.
- 21-year-old Humbert is currently ranked at world number 44, just one place away from the career-high 43rd he set himself by winning his first ATP title at the ASB Classic in Auckland earlier this year.
- Humbert came through a strong draw to win in Auckland, with particularly impressive victories over Denis Shapovalov, John Isner and compatriot Benoit Paire in the final.
This should be an intense tennis match between two young and powerful players but the result of this encounter will almost entirely rest on the mindset of New York Open champion Kyle Edmund after such a quick turnaround. So often we see players fall at the first hurdle following a title win, and this could go either way off the back of that. However, with Edmund being one of the more streakier players on tour, he should be able to come through this tricky first test against exciting young prospect Humbert.