Where is Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff on and what time does it start? Tuesday 21st January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff? 21c with a chance of showers throughout the day
What channel is Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Venus Williams vs Coco Gauff? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Venus Williams and Coco Gauff? Coco Gauff beat Venus Williams 6-4, 6-4
- 39-year-old Venus Williams returns to action at the Australian Open determined to turn back the years at a venue which has seen her lose twice in the singles’ final at the hands of her sister Serena as she has yet to win the trophy in Melbourne.
- She has failed to surpass the third round in any Grand Slam event in the last two years and she has suffered first-round losses four times during that spell mand one of those came against opponent Coco Gauff at Wimbledon last year.
- Williams’ fitness has been a major concern in the build-up to this tournament as she has not participated in any of the events held in Australia prior to this Grand Slam citing a hip problem for her absence, although she has trained without any issues this week.
- In what is just her third Grand Slam tournament, Coco Gauff faces a familiar opponent as she faces off once again versus Venus Williams who she stunned back in July at Wimbledon with a 6-4, 6-4 victory at the tender age of 15-years-old.
- Gauff has since gone on to prove that result was no fluke as she reached the fourth round at Wimbledon and the third round in the US Open, and despite still only being 15-years-old, she will have high hopes to do well in her first appearance in the Australian Open.
- Aside from her impressive performance in the two Grand Slams in the second half of 2019, Gauff won her first WTA title in Linz in October and the talented youngster will not be daunted by facing Williams again nor playing in Melbourne.
Coco Gauff hit the headlines last year when she stunned Venus Williams at Wimbledon and she has shown since then that she has an extremely promising future ahead of her. This is her first appearance at the Australian Open but that will not phase her in the slightest. She faces Venus who has pulled out of events in Brisbane and Adelaide due to fitness concerns and that does not bode well for the 39-year-old veteran. She will have her hands full with the talented youngster who may ultimately just have too much energy for her here, and Gauff can prove that the Wimbledon victory was no fluke.