2020 Australian Open – Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov Preview & Prediction
Where is Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 02:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov? Mostly cloudy, 27c
What channel is Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Tommy Paul vs Grigor Dimitrov? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Tommy Paul and Grigor Dimitrov? N/A
- 22-year old Tommy Paul marked his debut at the Australian Open with a victory as he bounced back from losing the first set against Leonardo Mayer before winning three straight to come out on top of their first round encounter.
- Paul failed to qualify for the event in 2018 and 2019 after suffering defeat in the second round of qualifying but he looked assured as he edged some tight sets against the Argentine to win 4-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.
- The American faces a tough test in the second round as he comes up against 18th seed Grigor Dimitrov but will be buoyed by his first victory in a Grand Slam event having lost his previous three matches.
- Grigor Dimitrov came from a set down to defeat Argentine Juan Ignacio Londero in his first round match and the 18th seed will now come up against American Tommy Paul for the first time in his career.
- It was not surprising that the Bulgarian was able to fight back to advance to the second round given that he has not been knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open since 2013.
- This is in fact a competition that Dimitrov loves and he has won at least two matches at each of his last six appearances in Melbourne and having made the quarter-finals on two occasions as well as progressing to the semi-finals once over that period, he will be confident in this game.
Grigor Dimitrov got his Australian Open campaign off to a solid start as he claimed victory in four sets in the opening round. Dimitrov has a solid record in Melbourne and will be confident of another long run in the tournament but will be challenged by Tommy Paul here. The American youngster won for the first time in a Grand Slam event with his win in the first round but that is likely to be the end of his tournament with Dimitrov likely to be too good.