Where is Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem on and what time does it start? Saturday 25th January, 2020 – not before 03:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem? Partly cloudy, 26c
What channel is Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Taylor Fritz vs Dominic Thiem? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Taylor Fritz and Dominic Thiem? Taylor Fritz beat Dominic Thiem 7-5, 6-7, 1-0
- 22-year-old Taylor Fritz came back fantastically from two sets down to beat former world number five Kevin Anderson in just under three-and-a-half hours in the second round.
- The world number 34 played alongside fellow young American Tommy Paul in the first round of the men’s doubles on Friday but they lost that match, leaving him totally focused on this third-round match.
- Fritz was the victor the last time he met Dominic Thiem at the Laver Cup in Geneva last year, but the Austrian leads their head-to-head record 2-1 and 2-0 at Grand Slams.
- 5th seed Dominic Thiem had to work hard to come through Australian wildcard Alex Bolt, coming back from 2-1 down to take the last two sets in a mixed display.
- Clay court specialist Thiem is just behind Daniil Medvedev in the ATP world rankings and the pair’s battle for fourth should be an excellent sub-plot to the Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal show this season.
- Two consecutive round of 16 exits in 2017 and 2018 are the 26-year-old’s best showings at the Australian Open and he has a good chance of beating that if he can get past Fritz with Gael Monfils or Ernests Gulbis waiting.
Taylor Fritz is a powerful young talent with a fierce forehand and well capable of beating Dominic Thiem here in this third-round match, especially if Thiem cannot up his level. Fatigue should not be an issue as these two are particularly fit but neither player will want another five-set slog before the round of 16. This really could go either way, but Dominic Thiem’s biggest foe on court is himself and if he can focus, he should come out on top.