2020 Australian Open – Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber Preview & Prediction
Where is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber? Sunny intervals, 34c
What channel is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Philipp Kohlschreiber? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Stefanos Tsitsipas and Philipp Kohlschreiber? Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-6
- Stefanos Tsitsipas handed his Italian opponent a bagel in the first set of their first round match and went on to convincingly beat Salvatore Caruso in straight sets.
- Tsitsipas comes into this Grand Slam with renewed confidence following his ATP Finals win last November but he will do well indeed if he can emulate his semi-finals exit at last year’s Australian Open.
- The 21-year-old looks to have a relatively easy route through to the quarter-finals of this tournament where he could potentially then face an in-form Roberto Bautista Agut.
- Philipp Kohlschreiber did not let the delays in play affect his game against Marcos Giron on Monday and completed a straight-sets victory over the American once their match was moved to the Melbourne Arena.
- The 36-year-old has reached the round of 16 at the Australian Open on three previous occasions but not since 2012 and he lost to China’s Zhe Li at this stage last year.
- Kohlschreiber is capable of pulling off the odd shock result but will have to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas for the first time on their third meeting after two defeats to the young Greek in 2018.
Stefanos Tsitsipas’ fabled journey through 2019 started at this Grand Slam last year where he beat Roger Federer in the round of 16 to announce himself to the world stage. His pathway looks clearer this time as world number six but he must first deal with Philipp Kohlschreiber, who has plenty of experience in taking down big-name players who have not done their homework. Nevertheless, the Greek superstar should see himself into the third round here.