Where is Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric on and what time does it start? Monday 20th January, 2020 – 00:15 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric? Thundery showers expected, 22c
What channel is Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Sam Querrey vs Borna Coric? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Sam Querrey and Borna Coric? Borna Coric beat Sam Querrey 7-6, 6-3, 0-6, 6-3
- Sam Querrey has started the year at 1-1 after beating young Frenchman Gregoire Barrere in the first round at the Adelaide International before losing to an in-form and dangerous Andrey Rublev.
- 32-year-old big-server Querrey has not found his best Grand Slam form at the Australian Open but has reached the third round of this tournament five times out of 13 appearances.
- World number 45 Querrey lost the only previous match in which he has faced Borna Coric when he was defeated in four sets in the first round of Roland-Garros back in 2015.
- 23-year-old Borna Coric continues to be something of a top 30 enigma after an opening ATP Cup victory over Dominic Thiem contrasted with two convincing straight-sets defeats to Hubert Hurkacz and Diego Schwartzman.
- The Croatian number one will be seeded 25th at the Australian Open one year on from his excellent run to the round of 16 was halted by eventual semi-finalist Lucas Pouille in four sets.
- Since reaching the second round of the US Open as an 18-year-old in 2014, Coric has been under real scrutiny as a young player with plenty of potential but like so many players in that category, his mentality is often questionable.
Sam Querrey is an ever-present performer whose game can be much more than just a big serve on his day, though it does seem like we have seen the best of him, However, he is exactly the kind of foe Borna Coric should be beating but too often falls to. The Croatian should be coming through this match-up the victor, but there is that niggling feeling that Querrey can patiently see himself through to the second round here.