2020 Australian Open – Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut Preview & Prediction
Where is Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 04:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Cloudy, 32c
What channel is Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Michael Mmoh vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Michael Mmoh and Roberto Bautista Agut? Michael Mmoh beat Roberto Bautista Agut 7-6, 2-6, 6-4
- Michael Mmoh produced a very impressive display to defeat world number 63 Pablo Andujar with a 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 victory in what was his first ever win at the Australian Open at the third time of asking.
- Mmoh was knocked out in the first round of last year’s event as well as in 2017 whilst he failed to qualify in 2018 and he will be full of confidence after breaking his duck not just in this tournament but also in Grand Slams.
- The American had lost all five of his previous Grand Slam matches but the maiden win has put him into the second round for the first time although he faces a hugely difficult task if he is to prolong his stay.
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut overcame a potentially tricky matchup with compatriot Feliciano Lopez to progress to the second round of the Australian Open and he will have his eyes on matching his run in last year’s event.
- Bautista Agut progressed to the quarter-finals in Melbourne in 2019 following an impressive run of wins and he will at least be confident of making the third round this time around as he faces Michael Mmoh.
- The number nine seed comes up against the man ranked at 217 in the world but he lost to Mmoh in their only meeting to date back in 2018 and will have to defeat the American for the first time if he is to progress.
Roberto Bautista Agut earned a comfortable win in his opening round victory at the Australian Open and if he can produce similar displays, he should be set for another deep run in this competition. As a quarter-finalist last year, the Spaniard will be aiming to match that at the very least this time around and can move a step closer as he faces Michael Mmoh in the second round. Mmoh earned his first ever win in a Grand Slam event in the first round but that is likely to remain his sole win with Bautista Agut likely to be far too strong.