2020 Australian Open – Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut Preview & Prediction
Where is Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut on and what time does it start? Friday 24th January, 2020 – not before 2:45 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Cloudy, 22c
What channel is Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Marin Cilic vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Marin Cilic and Roberto Bautista Agut? Roberto Bautista Agut beat Marin Cilic 6-7, 6-3, 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
- Marin Cilic won a close-fought five-set encounter with Benoit Paire in the second round of the Australian Open, coming back from 2-1 down to take the final two sets in just over three and a half hours.
- The world number 39 is still a danger to anybody on tour and saves a little extra for the Grand Slams as a former US Open champion and runner-up here in 2018, where he lost to Roger Federer.
- Cilic has beaten Roberto Bautista Agut four of the six times the pair have faced each other but the Spaniard got the better of him in an epic five-set match in the round of 16 of this tournament last year.
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- World number nine Roberto Bautista Agut overcame a first-set loss to then rapidly come through his second round match with America’s Michael Mmoh in four.
- The 31-year-old has now gone 10 matches unbeaten since a loss to Andrey Rublev in his first match at the Davis Cup finals, with Mmoh the only player to take a set off him in that span.
- RBA has swapped places with Marin Cilic in the ATP rankings as they have gotten older and both of his wins over the Croatian have come at the Australian Open, with the first coming at this stage in 2016.
There is a lot of Grand Slam history between these two with Roberto Bautista Agut winning two of the three major matches played, but Cilic beat the Spaniard in their first two meetings to pick up back-to-back ATP titles in Moscow back in 2014 and 2015. As they enter a new decade at 31-years-old apiece, it is Roberto Bautista Agut in the ascendancy, as Cilic seems to decline, and the more likely to win what could be another classic here against the former US Open champion.