2020 Australian Open – Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik Preview & Prediction
Where is Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik on and what time does it start? Monday 20th January, 2020 – 00:15 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik? Thundery showers expected, 22c
What channel is Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Jordan Thompson vs Alexander Bublik? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Jordan Thompson and Alexander Bublik? Alexander Bublik beat Jordan Thompson 6-4, 7-5
- Jordan Thompson will hope the support of his home crowd can give him a boost as he bids to make the second round in Melbourne but he faces a tough opening match against Alexander Bublik.
- The Australian has only ever faced Bublik once but he lost in straight sets against the man from Kazakhstan which came last year on the hard court which does not stand him in good stead for this contest.
- This will be Thompson’s seventh appearance in Melbourne but he has only won two matches so far to reach the second round on two separate occasions with his four other efforts ending in first round losses.
- Alexander Bublik will compete in just his second Australian Open having failed to qualify in the last two years but he did a good job when competing as a teenager back in his debut campaign back in 2017 having won his first round match.
- He produced a brilliant display to beat Lucas Pouille who was ranked 16th at the time but he could not maintain that in the second round as he fell to Malek Jaziri and was also unable to back it up in the following years which saw him crash out in qualifying.
- Bublik possesses a 16-19 record on the hard court in ATP Tour matches and has also shown some good composure to win both of the matches that have gone the distance over five sets in his career so far.
Alexander Bublik burst onto the scene back in 2017 with a famous victory over Lucas Pouille and he will attempt to progress to the second round of the Australian Open in his second appearance. Bublik will compete in Melbourne for the second time in his short career and the 22-year-old will be confident having beaten Jordan Thompson in their only contest to date and in match with little to split the two, it is the Kazakh who is likely to edge this.