Where is John Millman vs Roger Federer taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is John Millman vs Roger Federer on and what time does it start? Friday 24th January, 2020 – not before 09:45 (UK)
What is the expected weather for John Millman vs Roger Federer? Cloudy, 19c
What channel is John Millman vs Roger Federer on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream John Millman vs Roger Federer in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for John Millman vs Roger Federer? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between John Millman and Roger Federer? Roger Federer beat John Millman 7-6, 6-3
- John Millman has quietly gone about beating two excellent young players at the Australian Open so far, beating ASB Classic winner Ugo Humbert in the first round before ousting an in-form Hubert Hurkacz in the second.
- The 30-year-old reached a career-high 33rd in the ATP world rankings back in 2018 but, now at 47th, he is aiming to reach the round of 16 at the Australian Open for the first time.
- Millman has beaten Roger Federer once before in what is a famous victory, coming back from a set down in the round of 16 at the 2018 US Open to defeat the Swiss in four sets.
- World number three Roger Federer is yet to drop a set at this year’s Australian Open but did have his serve broken in a 6-1, 6-4, 6-1 victory over Filip Krajinovic in the second round.
- The six-time former champion made seven break points of his own, however, and otherwise has been near-perfect so far as aims to reach the round of 16 for the 18th time in his miraculous career.
- Despite John Millman’s win at the US Open in 2018, Federer still holds a 2-1 head-to-head lead over the Australian and will know there will be a buzz around this second Grand Slam meeting between the pair.
There will be something about this match between John Millman and Roger Federer on what should be a packed and rowdy Rod Laver arena. Millman’s victory over the Swiss two years ago at the US Open will likely be the greatest win of his career and he will be buoyed by a partisan crowd at his home Grand Slam crowd to do something similar. However, Roger Federer is rarely fooled twice and has looked impeccable so far at this tournament. A win here will see him reach his centenary at the Australian Open – with 100 victories here and six titles to show for it, so far.