Where is John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka on and what time does it start? Saturday 25th January, 2020 – 06:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka? Partly cloudy, 25c
What channel is John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for John Isner vs Stan Wawrinka? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between John Isner and Stan Wawrinka? John Isner beat Stan Wawrinka 7-6, 6-4
- John Isner secured a comfortable route to the third round of the Australian Open as he defeated Alejandro Tabilo in straight sets and will now have his sights set on a spot in the round of 16.
- After struggling in his last few appearances in Melbourne, Isner is now one step away from matching his best ever run in this tournament having made the round of 16 twice (2010 and 2016).
- Isner has only lost to Stan Wawrinka in one of their four career meetings to date with the 19th seed coming out on top of their last three meetings and Wawrinka was only able to take one set off Isner in those three matches.
- Stan Wawrinka was once again far from convincing as he was taken to a deciding set by Andreas Seppi and he faces a tough task to progress to the round of 16 if his performances in the opening two rounds are anything to go by.
- Wawrinka had to overcome losing the first set against the Italian and despite winning the next two sets, he went down in the fourth before sealing his place in the third round as he edged the final set 6-4.
- The 15th seed now comes up against a man he has not beaten in 11 years in John Isner and the American’s big serve against could prove too much to deal with in this contest.
Stan Wawrinka will have to show big improvements if he is to remain in the Australian Open. He has not been at his best so far and had hard to work hard to overcome his first two opponents. He comes up against John Isner in the third round, with the American winning their last three contests. This could be a long, drawn-out match but Isner will fancy his chances of overcoming the man ranked four places higher than him in the world rankings and the 19th seed should be able to come out on top.