2020 Australian Open – John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo Preview & Prediction
Where is John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 03:45 (UK)
What is the expected weather for John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo? Partly cloudy, 21c
What channel is John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for John Isner vs Alejandro Tabilo? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between John Isner and Alejandro Tabilo? N/A
- John Isner came out on top against Thiago Monteiro but it was far from a vintage performance from the American in their first-round clash at the Australian Open and he will need to improve.
- The number 19 seed needed four sets to beat the Brazilian with each set needing to be decided by a tiebreak as Isner struggled to put his opponent away but held his nerve to come back having lost the first set.
- That tight game should stand Isner in good stead for more difficult challenges ahead but this might not be one of them as he faces a man who is competing in his first Grand Slam and may be overawed in this clash.
- In his first ever appearance in a Grand Slam event, Alejandro Tabilo played out a five-set thriller against Daniel Elahi Galan and got the better of his Columbian opponent to progress to the second round.
- That was in fact Tabilo’s first game on the ATP Tour after ending last year on the Challenger Tour and the Chilean is likely to take plenty of confidence from that superb victory but now faces a much more difficult challenge.
- The 22-year-old will come up against John Isner and the American’s powerful serve is likely to be a real test for the youngster with his own serve likely to play a crucial role in his success.
John Isner failed to stamp his authority against Thiago Monteiro in their first round match and will need to be better if he is to extend his stay in Melbourne. He faces ATP Tour newcomer Alejandro Tabilo in this second round contest and his superior experience should ensure that he progresses to the third round but Isner will be focused on putting in a much-improved performance in this contest and if he can manage that, it is likely that he will claim a straight-sets victory.