2020 Australian Open – Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil Preview & Prediction
Where is Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil on and what time does it start? Tuesday 21st January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil? Light rain expected, 21c
What channel is Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Ivo Karlovic and Vasek Pospisil? Vasek Pospisil beat Ivo Karlovic 7-6, 7-5
- Ivo Karlovic faces a tough task to progress to the second round of the Australian Open after he was drawn against Vasek Pospisil in the opening round, a man that he has struggled to overcome in the past.
- Karlovic has only defeated Pospisil once in their five career meetings so far with that victory coming back in 2013, the first time that the two men met but that game was on grass.
- The Croatian has a poor record in Melbourne having only made the third round twice in his last seven appearances at the Grand Slam event and was knocked out in the second round last year.
- Vasek Pospisil will be confident of success in the opening round of the Australian Open as he faces veteran Ivo Karlovic with Pospisil coming out on top of all four contests against Karlovic when they have met on the hard court.
- That record looks even better when it is broken down even further with the Canadian never actually dropping a set on the hard court against Karlovic even though the majority of those sets were not one-sided.
- The world number 146 holds a lower ranking than his opponent in this game but that will not deter him in his efforts to progress to the second round for the first time since 2015 when he was knocked out in the third round.
Ivo Karlovic suffered a steady decline down the rankings last season and starts this new campaign in his lowest position since October 2018 having slipped to number 123 in the world. He now faces a man that he is 0-4 against on the hard court in Vasek Pospisil and his Canadian opponent will be very confident of the win. With Pospisil never dropping a set on the hard against Karlovic, he should be able to extend his winning streak to five matches over the big-serving veteran.