Where is Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – not before 08:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep? Mostly cloudy, 21c
What channel is Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Harriet Dart vs Simona Halep? N/A
- 23-year-old Harriet Dart came through the qualifiers to face Misaki Doi in the first round and came back from a set down to win a deciding championship tiebreak 10-6.
- The world number 164 is clearly the overwhelming underdog against a two-time Grand Slam champion like Halep but she has bettered her Australian Open record here in her sophomore appearance.
- Dart battled her way through to the third round at Wimbledon last year before the world number one Ashleigh Barty overpowered her to claim a 6-1, 6-1 victory.
- Simona Halep came through her first-round match in straight sets against a difficult opponent in Jennifer Brady with plenty of support from the Melbourne crowd.
- The current Wimbledon and former Roland-Garros champion was seen to by a medic during the first round for an injury to her wrist, but this does not seem too serious at this stage.
- The 28-year-old is ranked world number three right now and is one of the outside favourites for the title here as a former Australian Open finalist two years ago.
Great Britain’s qualifier Harriet Dart finds herself up against another Grand Slam goliath after last year’s Wimbledon heartbreak as she faces Simona Halep for the first time. The Romanian is one of the more exciting players on tour and usually has the crowd in her pocket, though 23-year-old Dart plays the underdog card well and has plenty of weapons to keep these games competitive. Halep, however, is on a collision course for the latter stages and should win in two here.