Where is Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu on and what time does it start? Tuesday 21st January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu? 21c with a chance of showers throughout the day
What channel is Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Gael Monfils vs Yen-Hsun Lu? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Gael Monfils and Yen-Hsun Lu? Gael Monfils beat Yen-Hsun Lu 6-3, 6-2
- Gael Monfils has had mixed preparations at the start of 2020 coming into the Australian Open as he represented France at the ATP Cup and enjoyed a 6-3, 7-5 win over Cristian Garin, but he was subsequently outplayed by Novak Djokovic and beaten in straight sets.
- The mercurial Frenchman has been eliminated in the second round in the last two years at the Australian Open so he will be keen to go further than that, with his best ever finish coming in 2016 when he reached the quarter-finals before being knocked out by Milos Raonic.
- 2019 was a typical inconsistent year for Monfils filled with ups and downs but he will take confidence ahead of this match from the three previous meetings with Yen-Hsun Lu having beaten him in all three matches.
- 36-year-old Taiwanese Yen-Hsun Lu comes up against Gael Monfils who has beaten him in all three previous meetings which have come on outdoor hard courts including in the second round in this tournament back in 2013 as Monfils edged a five-set thriller.
- The veteran has largely been inactive in the last couple of years due to a couple of shoulder injuries which has prevented him from playing so he comes into this clash with Monfils having spent little time on the courts in the last two years.
- His best finish in Melbourne came back in 2009 and 2012 when he reached the third round but his last two appearances have seen him lose in the opening round which is unsurprising as he enters the twilight of his career.
Gael Monfils kicks off his Australian Open campaign against Yen-Hsun Lu who he has beaten in all three previous meetings including once before in Melbourne. The Frenchman does not have the best of records in this tournament in recent times but he will be confident of beating the 36-year-old who has hardly played much in the last couple of years. Their previous meeting in the Australian Open went to five sets, but Monfils should wrap this one up in straight sets this time around.