2020 Australian Open – Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev Preview & Prediction
Where is Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev? Partly cloudy, 21c
What channel is Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Egor Gerasimov vs Alexander Zverev? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Egor Gerasimov and Alexander Zverev? N/A
- Egor Gerasimov made his maiden appearance at the Australian Open as he won his first ever game in the tournament proper by overcoming Casper Ruud in a closely-fought contest.
- Gerasimov opened up a 2-0 lead over the Norwegian but was pegged back and had to dig deep to ensure he did not lose a third set in a row with the Belarusian doing just enough to edge the tie-breaker.
- The man ranked at number 98 in the world will be on a high after that win but must be a lot better if he is to cause a huge upset against number seven seed Alexander Zverev, who he meets for the first time in his career.
- After a disappointing showing at the ATP Cup in which he lost all three of his matches for Germany, Alexander Zverev bounced back in the opening round of the Australian Open with a solid showing.
- The number seven seed beat Italian Matteo Berrettini in straight sets to make sure of his place in the second round and he will be confident of another victory as he takes on Egor Gerasimov.
- Since losing in his first appearance at Melbourne in 2015, Zverev has always made it to at least the third round of the tournament but will be hoping to at least match his best performance which was an appearance in the round of 16 last year.
Alexander Zverev has performed relatively well at the Australian Open in the early stages of his career but he will hope to better his previous best performance. He made the round of 16 last year and will be confident of at least making the same stage again this year. He meets Egor Gerasimov in this second round clash and although the Belarusian came out on top of his first ever game in Melbourne, Zverev should have little trouble progressing in straight sets.