2020 Australian Open – Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina Preview & Prediction
Where is Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina? Mostly cloudy, 27c
What channel is Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Diego Schwartzman vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Diego Schwartzman and Alejandro Davidovich Fokina? N/A
- Diego Schwartzman made relatively light work of South African Lloyd Harris in their first-round clash at the Australian Open and the 14th seed is now one win away from matching his performance in last year’s event.
- In his five previous appearances in Melbourne, Schwartzman has never gone beyond the round of 16 which he made in 2018 before running into Rafael Nadal which resulted in his exit.
- He will have high hopes of at least making that same stage this year but faces an up-and-coming talent in Alejandro Davidovich Fokina who will hold no fear in his bid to cause an upset in this second-round clash.
ALEJANDRO DAVIDOVICH FOKINA
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina earned a win in his maiden Australian Open as he defeated Slovakian qualifier Norbert Gombos in a highly-entertaining five-set first round contest in Melbourne.
- The Spaniard had to show some good character to hit back after twice going behind to Gombos but he kept his composure to claim the fourth and fifth sets to come out on top and earn his first win in a Grand Slam event.
- Davidovich Fokina will now come up against Diego Schwartzman as he aims to prolong his stay in the tournament but possessing a 1-4 record on hard courts on the ATP Tour makes for worrying reading.
Diego Schwartzman has never really produced the goods at the Australian Open but he will hope for more success this year. He began in strong fashion with a comfortable win in the first round and he will be looking for a repeat performance against youngster Alejandro Davidovich Fokina. The Spaniard has nothing to lose in this contest but the Argentine’s class is likely to shine through and he should claim another easy win.