2020 Australian Open – David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert Preview & Prediction
Where is David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 02:35 (UK)
What is the expected weather for David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert? Light rain, 20c
What channel is David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for David Goffin vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between David Goffin and Pierre-Hugues Herbert? David Goffin beat Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-3, 7-5
- David Goffin secured a comfortable win over Jeremy Chardy in the first round of the Australian Open and he will be confident of a strong showing in the tournament after that performance.
- The Belgian was a straight-sets winner against Chardy and will have high hopes on at least matching his previous best performance in this event which came when he made the quarter-finals in 2017.
- Goffin comes up against another Frenchman in Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the second round and will be confident of progressing having beaten his opponent in all of their three career meetings to date with the latest of those coming just last season.
- Pierre-Hugues Herbert was involved in a brilliant first-round contest against Great Britain’s Cameron Norrie but managed to come out on top by edging the fifth set after fighting back from 2-1 down in sets.
- Herbert made the third round of last year’s Australian Open but he faces a very tricky task to match that feat in Melbourne this time around as he comes up against number 11 seed David Goffin in the second round.
- Having lost all three of his matches against Goffin, Herbert will find it tough going against the Belgian having only managed to claim a solitary set in their clashes so far although that did come on a hard court.
David Goffin was an impressive first-round winner in Melbourne and will be confident of putting together a winning streak to make it a successful tournament. The Belgian faces Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the second round after the Frenchman overcame Cameron Norrie in a great contest. The 11th seed has only made it to the quarter-finals once in this tournament but he should move a step closer to matching that by coming out on top of this clash with Herbert to maintain his perfect record against his opponent.