2020 Australian Open – David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy Preview & Prediction
Where is David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy on and what time does it start? Tuesday 21st January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy? Light showers expected, 21c
What channel is David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for David Goffin vs Jeremy Chardy? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between David Goffin and Jeremy Chardy? David Goffin beat Jeremy Chardy 6-2, 6-4, 6-3
- David Goffin enjoyed his time at the ATP Cup as he picked up victories in three of his four singles matches and also claimed the scalp of world number one Rafael Nadal in the process.
- Goffin was unable to add to his four ATP titles during last season despite making the final of two events, one of which was on a hard court at the Western and Southern Open in Cincinnati.
- The Belgian enjoys hard-court tennis with three of those titles coming on that surface but he has not been particularly successful at the Australian Open in the past with a quarter-final appearance in 2017 his best effort to date.
- Jeremy Chardy has been handed a tough assignment in the first round of the Australian Open and will need to be at his best if he is to avoid a fifth opening match defeat in this competition.
- The Frenchman moved to number 25 in the world following a run to the quarter-finals in 2013 and that remains his best performance in Melbourne to date whilst that was also a career-high placing in the rankings.
- Chardy meets David Goffin for the third time in his career with the pair sharing one win apiece but it was the Belgian that came out on top in their most recent clash as Chardy suffered a straight-sets defeat at Wimbledon last year.
David Goffin will face a tricky opening game against Jeremy Chardy at the Australian Open in a game that neither man will particularly relish. Goffin arrives on the back of a good showing at the ATP Cup and will look to build on his last game which saw him defeat Rafael Nadal. Chardy has a lower win percentage on hard courts than any other surface while Goffin has won three of his four career titles on this surface and those respective records should see the Belgian advance.