2020 Australian Open – Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez Preview & Prediction
Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 01:15 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez? Light rain, 19c
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Pedro Martinez? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Daniil Medvedev and Pedro Martinez? N/A
- Daniil Medvedev did not have everything his own way in his first-round clash with Frances Tiafoe and he will need to improve if he is to have a deep run in this tournament with the Russian eager to improve on his efforts of last year.
- The number four seed made it to the round of 16 in 2019 but succumbed to Novak Djokovic and will be confident of moving a step closer to matching that feat as he faces Pedro Martinez in the second round.
- After making the final of last year’s US Open, Medvedev showed his love for hard courts and with seven ATP Tour titles also coming on this surface, the 23-year-old is primed for a run to the latter stages of this event.
- Pedro Martinez was a comfortable winner in his opening round match in Melbourne as he overcame German Dominik Koepfer in straight sets in what was his first ever match at the Australian Open.
- Competing in just his second Grand Slam event, Spaniard Martinez saw off Koepfer 6-3, 6-4, 7-5 in an impressive showing over a man ranked 79 places higher than him in the world rankings.
- Martinez now faces an almighty challenge to remain in the competition and despite attempting to back-up his first win at a Grand Slam, he is likely to fall short as he comes up against the number four ranked player in the world.
Daniil Medvedev had a great run at the 2019 US Open and pushed Rafael Nadal all the way in his pursuit of a maiden Grand Slam title but ultimately fell short in a five-set thriller. The Russian will look to use that experience to his advantage as he attempts to make a second consecutive Grand Slam final and with a very inexperienced opponent facing him in the second round, the fourth seed should have little trouble in progressing to the third round.