2020 Australian Open – Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic Preview & Prediction
Where is Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic on and what time does it start? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 05:05 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic? Cloudy, 31c
What channel is Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Cristian Garin vs Milos Raonic? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Cristian Garin and Milos Raonic? N/A
- After losing all four of his matches at the start of 2020 in both the ATP Cup and at the Adelaide International, Cristain Garin was able to put that poor form behind him to progress to the second round of the Australian Open.
- Garin defeated Italian Stefano Travaglia in straight sets to claim his first ever victory in Melbourne having crashed out in the first round to David Goffin on his debut appearance last year.
- 23-year-old Chilean Garin now faces Milos Raonic for the first time and he will need to be at his best to overcome the 32nd seed as he aims to make it to the third round of any Grand Slam for the first time in his career.
- Milos Raonic has enjoyed plenty of deep runs at the Australian Open and in his quest to do the same again in 2020, he got his campaign off to a solid start as he proved far too good for Lorenzo Giustino.
- Raonic dropped just five games on his way to a straight-sets victory and although he faces tougher tests ahead, it was a solid start for the Canadian who made it as far as the quarter-finals in Melbourne last year.
- In the last five years, Raonic has been a regular in the latter stages of the tournament with three quarter-final appearances as well as making the semi-finals in 2016 where he lost a five-set thriller with Andy Murray.
Milos Raonic produces consistent performances at the Australian Open and he got his 2020 campaign off to a strong start with a straightforward win in the first round. He faces a tricky test against Cristian Garin in this contest with the impressive young Chilean capable of causing problems but Raonic’s experience at not only this tournament but in Grand Slams in general should stand him in good stead and he is likely to prove too good.