2020 Australian Open – Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep Preview & Prediction
Where is Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep on and what time does it start? Wednesday 29th January, 2020 – TBC (UK)
What is the expected weather for Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep? Sunny, 21c
What channel is Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Anett Kontaveit vs Simona Halep? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Anett Kontaveit and Simona Halep? Simona Halep beat Anett Kontaveit 6-2, 6-4
- After producing a stunning display to thrash 6th seed Belinda Bencic in the third round, Anett Kontaveit found it much more difficult in her game against Iga Swiatek but the 24-year-old did enough to come out on top.
- Kontaveit had to fight back from a set down and despite being pushed all the way, the Estonian was able to claim both the second and third sets in a tight affair to progress to the quarter-finals.
- The number 28 seed is now enjoying not only her best Australian Open but Grand Slam having never progressed beyond the round of 16 in any of her previous appearances in Melbourne or the three other major events.
- Simona Halep moved to within two wins of reaching her second Australian Open final as she secured a straight-sets victory over 16th seed Elise Mertens in their round of 16 clash in Melbourne.
- The Romanian maintained her perfect record of not dropping a single set in this tournament so far and looks in similar form to how she performed in 2018 when she made a run to the final but was beaten by Caroline Wozniacki.
- Fourth seed Halep will be confident of picking up the victory in this last eight clash with Anett Kontaveit having faced her opponent twice in the past and not dropping a set in either of those matches.
Simona Halep has yet to drop a set in this year’s Australian Open and will be aiming to maintain that record as she faces Anett Kontaveit. The Romanian looks in great form and will be confident of another success against the Estonian having defeated her in both of their previous matches without dropping a set in the process. Halep has the experience of progressing deep into Grand Slam events on her side too and she looks the likely winner in this clash.