2020 Australian Open – Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka Preview & Prediction
Where is Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka taking place? Melbourne Park, Melbourne
When is Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka on and what time does it start? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka? Mostly sunny, 20c
What channel is Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka on? The 2020 Australian Open will be televised on Eurosport so it is worth checking their schedule for this specific match
Where can I stream Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka in the UK? Sky customers can stream this match on the Sky Go app. Alternatively, the match can be streamed to subscribers of Eurosport Player, either on the official website or as an add-on to an Amazon Prime subscription
Where can I get tickets for Andreas Seppi vs Stan Wawrinka? Click here to reach the official 2020 Australian Open ticket selection
Who won the last meeting between Andreas Seppi and Stan Wawrinka? Stan Wawrinka beat Andreas Seppi 7-6, 7-6, 7-6
- Andreas Seppi extended his run of making it to at least the second round of the Australian Open after he defeated Miomir Kecmanovic and has now not tasted defeat in the opening round for eight consecutive years.
- Serbian Kecmanovic was fancied to cause Seppi some problems but the man ranked at number 85 in the world proved too good for the youngster ranked at 54 with a victory in straight sets.
- Seppi last met Stan Wawrinka back in the 2017 Australian Open and pushed the Swiss man all the way despite failing to win a set with all three needing to be won by virtue of tiebreaks.
- Stan Wawrinka was not at his best in his first-round clash with Damir Dzumhur in Melbourne and despite doing enough to advance to the second round, he will need to improve as he faces Andreas Seppi.
- The Swiss 15th seed knows what it takes to win the Australian Open having claimed the title in 2014 but he has not progressed beyond the second round in his last two appearances and he will want to put that right this year.
- Wawrinka has beaten Seppi on nine of the 12 occasions that they have faced one another and all three of Wawrinka’s losses came away from the hard court which stands him in good stead for this contest.
Stan Wawrinka faces a potentially difficult match-up as he bids to make the third round in the Australian Open for the first time since 2017. Wawrinka was not at his best in his opening match but has plenty of gears to go through and they will be needed against Andreas Seppi. The Italian looked good in his first-round contest but having never defeated Wawrinka in any of their hard court contests, the 15th seed should be able to extend his winning run against Seppi.