Where is Karen Khachanov vs John Millman taking place? ASB Tennis Centre, Auckland
When is Karen Khachanov vs John Millman on? Wednesday 15th January, 2020 – not before TBC
What channel is Karen Khachanov vs John Millman on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Karen Khachanov vs John Millman? TennisTV subscribers may be able to stream the match via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Karen Khachanov vs John Millman? Click here to reach the ticket section of the official ASB Classic website
Who won the last meeting between Karen Khachanov vs John Millman? N/A
- World number 16 Karen Khachanov played superbly for Russia at the ATP Cup as their second option right until the semi-finals where he was finally beaten by an in-form Dusan Lajovic.
- The pressure might have got to Khachanov, knowing that his compatriot Daniil Medvedev would have to face Novak Djokovic after his match, but his international form for Russia over the ATP Cup and Davis Cup finals should see him once again contend for a top 10 place.
- 23-year-old Khachanov is the third seed at the ASB Classic and has won all of his previous four ATP singles title on hard courts, most notably the Paris Masters in 2018.
- 30-year-old John Millman did his duty for Team Australia when called upon and did very well to beat Canada’s Felix Auger-Aliassime on short notice when Nick Kyrgios dropped out of the match with a back problem.
- The Aussie moved up to 47th in the ATP rankings off the back of his two ATP Cup wins and will be hoping for a slightly better showing at the Australasian tournaments than 2019, where his best showing was a quarter-final loss to Gilles Simon in Sydney.
- Millman reached the final of the Tokyo Open last autumn where he lost in straight sets to Novak Djokovic but his season was otherwise unremarkable, though he battled hard in five-set losses to Roberto Bautista Agut at the Australian Open and Alexander Zverev at Roland-Garros.
Two robust and dogged tennis players will meet for the first time in Auckland as third seed Karen Khachanov targets a first ATP title for over a year and John Millman his first ever. Both Khachanov and Millman had enjoyable and personally successful ATP Cup campaigns but the Russian is a class above in this match-up and should make it through here in what should be a real baseline slog.