Where is Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar taking place? Hotel Princess Mundo Imperial, Acapulco, Mexico
When is Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar on and what time does it start? Wednesday 26th February, 2020 – not before 01:20 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar? Sunny, 28c
What channel is Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar in the UK? Tennis TV subscribers may be able to stream the match
Where can I get tickets for Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Acapulco Open
Who won the last meeting between Rafael Nadal vs Pablo Andujar? Rafael Nadal beat Pablo Andujar 2-6, 6-3, 7-6
- World number two Rafael Nadal has not played on tour since his defeat in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open by Dominic Thiem and has an 8-3 record for 2020 so far, having lost just seven times altogether last year.
- The 33-year-old has won this tournament twice in 2013 and way back in 2005 but lost to the eventual champion Nick Kyrgios in last year’s edition at the round of 16 stage.
- Nadal has an unsurprising 100% win percentage over his compatriot Pablo Andujar but the Spanish pair have not faced each other since 2014, and never before on a hard court.
- Pablo Andujar did well to beat fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in the first round of the Rio Open last week but then disappointingly lost to world number 133 Pedro Martinez, also Spanish.
- 34-year-old Andujar has won just two matches so far in 2020 but moved up five places in the ATP world rankings to 54th following his victory over Verdasco, still some way from a career-high 32nd.
- All four of Andujar’s ATP titles have come on clay, his last at the Marrakech Open in 2018, but he was a former quarter-finalist here in Mexico back in 2012 when he lost to another Spaniard – David Ferrer.
There will be little hope for Pablo Andujar to cling to in this match other than the fact that Rafael Nadal has not played a tour-level match in almost a month. However, with little in the way of form behind Andujar this should be a customary straight-sets performance from Nadal, who has unfinished business here following his round of 16 loss to Nick Kyrgios last season.