2020 Acapulco Open – Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic Preview & Prediction
Where is Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic taking place? Hotel Princess Mundo Imperial, Acapulco, Mexico
When is Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic on and what time does it start? Thursday 27th February, 2020 – not before 4:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic? Clear, 23c
What channel is Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic in the UK? Tennis TV subscribers may be able to stream the match
Where can I get tickets for Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Acapulco Open
Who won the last meeting between Rafael Nadal vs Miomir Kecmanovic? N/A
- Rafael Nadal surged through to the round of 16 at the Acapulco Open after defeating compatriot Pablo Andujar in straight sets, although Andujar broke his serve twice.
- The 33-year-old’s service game was below par, which can be expected after almost a month off tour following his epic Australian Open quarter-final defeat by runner-up Dominic Thiem last time out.
- World number two Nadal lost at this stage of the tournament to eventual champion Nick Kyrgios last season but with the Aussie dropping out of the competition, the Spaniard’s next biggest challenger is probably Alexander Zverev.
- Serbian prospect Miomir Kecmanovic defeated Alex de Minaur in the first round of the Acapulco Open, coming back from a set down against the young Australian.
- While De Minaur was playing his first match back from injury, Kecmanovic’s win is still an impressive one and he is a talented and highly-rated young player at 20 years old.
- Currently at world number 50, the Serb has lost to two title-winners this year so far in Andrey Rublev, in the semi-finals of the Doha Open, and Kyle Edmund more recently in the semis of the New York Open.
While there is very little chance of Miomir Kecmanovic taking a set from this match with world number two Rafael Nadal, let alone the match, he will savour this day as excellent experience in his fledgling career. The young Serb has a bright future and could trouble Nadal along the way, especially if Nadal has not fully blown off the cobwebs yet, but this should be another straight-sets win for the Spaniard.