2019 US Open Women’s Final – Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams Preview & Prediction
When is Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams on and what time does it start? Saturday 7th September, 2019 – not before 21:00 (UK)
Where is Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams? Partly cloudy, 25c
What channel is Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Bianca Andreescu vs Serena Williams? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Bianca Andreescu beat Serena Williams 3-1 RET
- Bianca Andreescu beat Belinda Bencic, seeded two places ahead of her in 13th, in straight sets in their semi-final and hit seven aces in the process.
- The teenager has eclipsed Amanda Anisimova’s Roland-Garros semi-final to become the first player born in this millennium to reach a Grand Slam final.
- Canada’s Andreescu will face Serena Williams for the second time in under a month after the pair met in the final of the Rogers Cup, where Williams was forced to retire in the first set with an injury.
- Serena Williams completely outplayed Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina in their semi-final, conceding just four games to the fifth seed who had looked dominant throughout her US Open campaign.
- Williams is through to her second Grand Slam final of the year after her Wimbledon humbling by an inspired Simona Halep, and the six-time former champion is closer than she’s ever come to her first major since becoming a mother.
- The 37-year-old has lost three of her nine finals at Flushing Meadows, including last year’s controversial contest with Naomi Osaka, and a seventh title win here would equal her record at both the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
Serena Williams must flush away all thoughts of last year’s US Open final loss to Naomi Osaka when she walks out on Arthur Ashe but she faces another, even younger, pretender to the throne in Bianca Andreescu. The Canadian became the first person born this millennium to reach a Grand Slam final when she beat Belinda Bencic in an intense and eye-catching match that belies a future at the very top of the game. She has every chance of outstripping Serena Williams, 16 years her senior, in this final for pace and stamina, and this match could see a deciding set go Andreescu’s way if Williams gets caught up in trying to play her at her own game.
Serena’s serve will have to be on point, and if she gets to within her peak she can conserve energy in her service games to match Andreescu on the Canadian’s points. If this match falls in two sets, Serena Williams could be winning her seventh US Open title, but three sets could see Bianca Andreescu make history.