When is Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal on and what time does it start? Friday 30th August, 2019 – not before 01:15 (UK)
Where is Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal? Sunny, 29c
What channel is Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Rafael Nadal? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Rafael Nadal beat Thanasi Kokkinakis 6-2, 6-4, 6-2
- 23-year-old Thanasi Kokkinakis beat Belarusian Ilya Ivashka in four sets in a tough first-round match, posting 14 aces along the way.
- The Australian world number 203 is through to the second round of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time since Roland-Garros in 2015 where he lost to Novak Djokovic in the third round.
- Kokkinakis has not been rewarded for his efforts and will face the second seed Rafael Nadal for a second time in his career, losing to the Spaniard at the same stage of the Australian Open in 2014.
- Rafael Nadal was wary of his first-round opponent John Millman after the Aussie defeated Roger Federer at last year’s US Open and beat him in straight sets.
- The 33-year-old world number three has three titles this year, two on clay including his customary Roland-Garros and he most recently retained the Rogers Cup on the hard surface.
- The Spaniard is in the hunt for his fourth career US Open title after the disappointment of retiring from last year’s semi-final with Juan Martin del Potro through injury.
Thanasi Kokkinakis was touted for great things in his youth but at 23 years old he seems to have suffered the hype, with this his first second-round match at a Grand Slam for four years. They do not come much harder than this, with Rafael Nadal looking in his typical bulldozing early-stages form and likely to hand the Aussie a bagel somewhere along the way in three sets.