Where is Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios on and what time does it start? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 - not before 01:15 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Steve Johnson vs Nick Kyrgios? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Steve Johnson beat Nick Kyrgios 7-6, RET
- American Steve Johnson will enter his ninth US Open on the back of a 5-8 record in this competition but will fancy his chances of causing an upset after winning all three of his previous first-round matches here.
- Johnson is 14-19 on the ATP tour this year and will need to show some serious improvements against the eccentric Nick Kyrgios but could cause his opponent some problems if he can get off to a strong start.
- Johnson will be buoyed by his run to the semi-finals of the Winton-Salem Open in the run-up to Flushing Meadows which should provide him with some confidence.
- Nick Kyrgios enters his seventh US Open at just 24 years of age off the back of an excellent season in which he has won two titles in Mexico and the recent Citi Open in Washington and there will be plenty of focus on him once again in this tournament.
- Australian number one Kyrgios has rarely been out of the tennis spotlight this year and his matches at Flushing Meadows will be well-supported from the stands even though he starts his campaign against an American.
- Kyrgios has never progressed past the third round at the this Grand Slam, losing to Roger Federer last year, but should be favoured to beat his record here if he can utilise his emotions in a beneficial way.
All eyes will be on Nick Kyrgios after his recent poor behaviour although that is nothing new for the Australian. He has been in good form this season and claimed two titles which could help him produce his best finish at the US Open if he can focus on his game. He faces American Steve Johnson here in a game he should win but he must get off to a good start and keep his emotions in check or he could face an early exit.