2019 US Open – Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev Preview & Prediction
Where is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev on and what time does it start? Tuesday 27th August, 2019 - not before 16:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Stefanos Tsitsipas’ breakthrough year is in danger of winding down after a poor Wimbledon showing and two early exits at his most recent tournaments so the talented youngster will have to pick himself up and raise his game once again if he is to compete at Flushing Meadows.
- The Greek entered the spotlight in January this year when he beat Roger Federer in the fourth round of the Australian Open before ultimately losing to Rafael Nadal in the semis.
- 21-year-old Tsitsipas has won two titles this year, one on clay and one on a hard court in Marseille but he did come close to the finals at the Citi Open in Washington earlier this month, losing to eventual champion Nick Kyrgios in three sets.
- Andrey Rublev faces Stefanos Tsitsipas in a difficult contest to start his fourth US Open but if he can replicate the form he showed in the 2017 tournament, he could cause an upset in this first-round contest.
- The young Russian made the quarter-finals with some brilliant performances at Flushing Meadows two years ago but crashed out at the first stage last year and will need to be much better than he was back then.
- He is 2-1 against top 10 opponents this year and has a 13-9 record on hard courts which will be put to the test against the world #8 in what looks like a fascinating contest between two emerging talents.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has enjoyed a strong 2019 but will want to avoid his year ending on a low point as he begins his US Open campaign. He faces a potentially tricky contest against fellow 21-year-old Andrey Rublev who will fancy his chances of springing a surprise. Tsitsipas has won two titles this year and one of those came on hard courts where he possesses a strong record this season which should help him to overcome this difficult challenge in his opening game.