When is Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 17:05 (UK)
Where is Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy? Sunny, 27c
What channel is Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Stan Wawrinka vs Jeremy Chardy? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Stan Wawrinka beat Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 6-3, 7-5
- Stan Wawrinka beat Italian qualifier Jannik Sinner in a strange, loose match, with a total of 24 break points on offer between both players as the Swiss came through in four sets.
- The Swiss number two has made it through to the third round in his previous six appearances at Flushing Meadows and was the champion three years ago when he defeated Novak Djokovic in the final.
- Wawrinka has not played his next opponent Jeremy Chardy since 2016 but has a comfortable 5-0 head-to-head record over the Frenchman.
- Jeremy Chardy lost the first set to Poland’s rising star Hubert Hurkacz and was 2-1 down before using his experience to come through in five sets.
- The Frenchman is also a seasoned doubles player and will begin his men’s doubles campaign on Wednesday alongside Fabrice Martin, most likely after this second-round match.
- 32-year-old Chardy is better than his ATP ranking of 74th in the world and he is finely poised on 22-22 for the 2019 season so far.
Jeremy Chardy is a tough nut to crack sometimes, as his five-set marathon with Hubert Hurkacz suggests, but the Frenchman has never beaten Stan Wawrinka in five previous meetings. Wawrinka is a former champion at this tournament with plenty to prove following his return from a long endured injury and his determination to reach the latter stages here could see him battle past a few players more. Chardy’s five-set slog could also come into play in this match, should it go to the latter stages.