2019 US Open – Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero Preview & Prediction
Where is Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero on and what time does it start? Monday 26th August, 2019 - not before 19:15 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Sam Querrey vs Juan Ignacio Londero? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Sam Querrey has enjoyed a good year in 2019 and has made it back up to #46 in the world rankings after slipping as low as #79 and will be keen to end the year on a high at Flushing Meadows.
- The American is 19-11 this year and he put in good effort in his last Grand Slam at Wimbledon as he made the quarter-finals, beating Dominic Thiem on his way to the last eight.
- Querrey enjoyed his best ever US Open in 2017 as he progressed to the quarter-finals but was robbed of the chance to build on that last year after he had to retire in his first round contest with Andreas Seppi.
JUAN IGNACIO LONDERO
- Juan Ignacio Londero enters his first US Open after twice failing to qualify with the Argentinian keen to make an impression after a breakout year in 2019 which has seen him claim his maiden ATP title.
- After being renowned as a journeyman for several years, Londero is one of the most improved players on the tour and has enjoyed a steady rise up the rankings to enter this competition ranked as #56 in the world.
- Londero’s rise has mainly been thanks to playing a lot of tennis on clay which is the surface that he won his title earlier in the season but limited preparation on the hard courts could hinder his chances here.
These two men are fairly well-matched on current form but Sam Querrey will be confident of victory given the surface. He has been solid on hard courts this season and faces Juan Ignacio Londero who has spent little time on it. That may be his downfall against a man he is quite evenly matched with and Querrey’s significantly greater experience in Grand Slams can see him progress into the next round.