When is Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur on and what time does it start? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 – not before 18:15 (UK)
Where is Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 28c
What channel is Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhur? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Roger Federer beat Damir Dzumhur 6-1, 6-3, 6-3
- Roger Federer was shocked somewhat by qualifier Sumit Nagal’s blistering start but having lost the first set he rallied to win in four as his first serve suffered.
- In a similar vein to his first-round match with South Africa’s Lloyd Harris at Wimbledon last month, the Swiss number one took the positives from a tough first encounter as a wake-up call and will certainly be more focused for this match.
- Federer has faced his next opponent Damir Dzumhur twice before and both in 2015 when the Bosnian was in better form, with Federer winning both matches in straight sets.
- Damir Dzumhur lost the first set of his first-round match with France’s Elliot Benchetrit but ended up the comfortable winner and bageled his opponent in the fourth set.
- The world number 99 was previously ranked as high as 23rd in the world last year but has suffered a few injury setbacks since and has a 10-15 record for the 2019 season.
- The Bosnia and Herzegovina number one played in last week’s Winston-Salem Open in a bid to gather as much match practice as possible as he attempts to emulate his best showing at the US Open of a third-round exit.
Roger Federer dropped a set in his second successive first-round match at a Grand Slam, although doing so did him no harm at Wimbledon last month. The 38-year-old went on to dominate the next few rounds, and he should have little trouble in taking his head-to-head record over Damir Dzumhur up to three. Notably, the previous two meetings between these players were also at Grand Slams, both of which ended in straight sets.