2019 US Open – Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero Preview & Prediction
When is Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 00:00 (UK)
Where is Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 27c
What channel is Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Novak Djokovic vs Juan Ignacio Londero? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- World number one Novak Djokovic beat Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena in three comfortable sets to set-up a first career meeting with Juan Ignacio Londero in the second round.
- 32-year-old Djokovic is 39-7 for the 2019 season and holds three titles, one on each surface; the Australian Open and Wimbledon on hard and grass respectively, and the Madrid Open on clay.
- Djokovic has reached the finals of the US Open in four of his last five campaigns, with two title wins and two losses to show for it.
JUAN IGNACIO LONDERO
- Juan Ignacio Londero faced down 24 aces from the US’ Sam Querrey but managed to beat him in four sets after losing the first in their first-round match.
- The Argentinian will also be entering the men’s doubles at this year’s US Open with Ricardas Berankis but this should be scheduled for after his second-round match with Djokovic.
- Londero is through to the second round at Flushing Meadows for the first time having never made the main draw before this year in what is certainly his best season to date.
Juan Ignacio Londero has shocked a few players this season, not least former quarter-finalist Sam Querrey who had looked in good form at Wimbledon and should have been a likely contender to reach the second week at Flushing Meadows. However, Londero is not rewarded for his efforts and comes up against the hardest possible opponent in Novak Djokovic, who should see this through in three sets.