When is Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic on and what time does it start? Monday 2nd September, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic? Chance of thunderstorms, 26c
What channel is Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Naomi Osaka vs Belinda Bencic? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Belinda Bencic beat Naomi Osaka 3-6, 6-2, 7-5
- Naomi Osaka dropped a set in her first match at the US Open as a reigning champion but has not looked back since and completed her second successive straight-sets victory to reach the round of 16 when she defeated Coco Gauff.
- The world number one shared a touching post-match interview with American starlet Gauff which has endeared her all the more with the US Open crowd and indeed the tennis world.
- 21-year-old Osaka dropped just one set in her entire US Open campaign last year to Aryna Sabalenka at this stage of the competition.
- 13th-seed Belinda Bencic was given an extended rest and a bye to the round of 16 by her third-round opponent Anna Kontaveit who was forced to pull out of the US Open.
- The Swiss number one reached as far as the quarter-finals in her US Open debut back in 2014 and this is her fourth appearance here at just 22 years old.
- Bencic has won all three professional matches against Naomi Osaka, including the 2018 Hopman Cup win for Switzerland, but their previous match at Madrid this year went down to the wire.
Naomi Osaka’s tearful post-match interview with Coco Gauff went viral on Sunday and despite her status as the Japanese number one, US crowds have always supported the 21-year-old as one of their own. With this in mind, this could be the day that Osaka beats Belinda Bencic for the first time in their young careers, as while Bencic has had the extra day of rest there is a momentum with Osaka, particularly at this Grand Slam, that inspires confidence in her.