When is Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils on and what time does it start? Wednesday 4th September, 2019 – TBC (UK)
Where is Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils? Scattered thunderstorms, 29c
What channel is Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Matteo Berrettini vs Gael Monfils? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Despite being the seeded player against Andrey Rublev, Matteo Berrettini was the slight underdog in their contest but he came through that test with aplomb in straight sets.
- The Italian came to the fore with his title win at the Mercedes Cup during the grass season, his second ATP title of the year, but his fatigued loss to Roger Federer on the world stage in the third round of Wimbledon will have lessened expectations of him from the tennis community.
- This might be just how the powerful 23-year-old likes it however, and his defeat of Rublev was his first match at the US Open in which he did not lose a set, with the Russian only managing to break his serve in the very last game before a tiebreak.
- Gael Monfils made short work of Pablo Andujar in the round of 16 in his most convincing game of the tournament so far, and is through to the quarter-finals to face Matteo Berrettini for a first time.
- World number 13 Monfils has previously reached three quarter-finals, winning his last against Lucas Pouille in 2016 but losing the other two to Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer.
- Should Monfils make it through this match, he is likely to meet Rafael Nadal for a second chance at a hard-court semi-final after the Frenchman was forced to pull out of their Rogers Cup semi through injury.
Matteo Berrettini is a dangerous opponent, especially when he is underestimated by both fans and players, but Gael Monfils has been around too long in the game for complacency. The Frenchman looked in excellent condition against Pablo Andujar in the round of 16 and will know he has a slight chance at reaching his first Grand Slam final, after what should be an awesome showdown with Rafael Nadal in the semis if results follow suit. First of all, he has to beat Matteo Berrettini, but the Italian may push him all the way.