Where is John Millman vs Rafael Nadal taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is John Millman vs Rafael Nadal on and what time does it start? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 - not before 00:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for John Millman vs Rafael Nadal? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is John Millman vs Rafael Nadal on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream John Millman vs Rafael Nadal? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for John Millman vs Rafael Nadal? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Rafael Nadal beat John Millman 6-1, 6-3, 6-2
- John Millman will have his work cut out as he faces world number two Rafael Nadal in the opening round of the US Open but if he is to claim an unlikely win, he will need to draw inspiration from his superb showing last year to reach the quarter-finals.
- The Australian defeated Roger Federer at Flushing Meadows last year with a brilliant performance in four sets to secure his first ever victory over an opponent in the top 10 in the world having lost all 10 of his previous contests against high-quality opposition.
- Millman has had a disappointing season in 2019 with him possessing a 16-22 record and he has failed to advance beyond the quarter-final stage of any competition he has entered which highlights the task he faces here.
- Rafael Nadal comes into the US Open off the back of another title win at the Rogers Cup in Montreal where he comfortably beat rising star Daniil Medvedev so confidence is strong for the left-hander right now.
- The world number two has won three of his last five tournaments, including Roland Garros, and is seeking out his fourth US Open title having last won the tournament in 2017.
- The Spaniard finds himself on the opposite side of the draw to old foe Novak Djokovic once again and has shared three of his four finals at the US Open with the Serb, winning two, and he will fully expect to go far in this year’s tournament once again.
John Millman produced one of the biggest shocks of the year when defeating Roger Federer to reach the quarter-finals of the US Open in 2018. He faces one of the toughest draws imaginable in the first round of this year’s competition as he comes head-to-head with world number two Rafael Nadal and the Spaniard should have little trouble in seeing off the Australian in what could be a straight-sets win to kick-off his campaign.