When is John Isner vs Marin Cilic on and what time does it start? Saturday 31st August, 2019 – TBC (UK)
Where is John Isner vs Marin Cilic taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for John Isner vs Marin Cilic? Partly cloudy, 26c
What channel is John Isner vs Marin Cilic on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream John Isner vs Marin Cilic? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for John Isner vs Marin Cilic? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Marin Cilic beat John Isner 6-7, 6-3, 6-4
- John Isner put in a mature display against Germany’s Jan-Lennard Struff and came through two tie-breaks to win their second-round match in straight sets to face Marin Cilic for a 12th time.
- Isner will have a lot of support behind him at Flushing Meadows as the highest-ranked American, especially now the likes of young players Frances Tiafoe and Taylor Fritz have exited the competition.
- 34-year-old Isner is on the wrong end of a convincing 8-3 head-to-head record with Marin Cilic and has not beaten the Croatian in either of their previous Grand Slam matches.
- Marin Cilic wobbled slightly in his second-round match with Germany’s Cedrik-Marcel Stebe but the Croat came back to win the next three sets.
- 30-year-old Cilic now has a career 35-9 record at the US Open and has reached the quarter-finals or above five times, including last year in a five-set loss to Kei Nishikori.
- Former US Open champion Marin Cilic has won five of the seven matches played against John Isner on a hard court, but Isner has won three of the past five meetings between the two on all surfaces.
This match-up has a wonderfully classic feel about it in the third round of the US Open and with neither player at the height of their powers, the lead of this match could change hands a few times. There will be a great amount of respect for both players from the crowd, who will be watching a home favourite in John Isner and a former champion in Marin Cilic. Based on their head-to-head record, you might find Cilic as the favourite for this, but his 2019 season has left much to be desired. On the other hand, John Isner has not yet looked near his best following an injury lay-off earlier this year. This match could go the distance between two hard-hitting serve-machines.