When is John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 18:30 (UK)
Where is John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff? Partly cloudy, 27c
What channel is John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for John Isner vs Jan-Lennard Struff? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: John Isner beat Jan-Lennard Struff 6-4, 6-7, 6-3
- USA’s number one John Isner is seeded 14th at the US Open and made short work of Spanish qualifier Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in straight-sets in the first round.
- 34-year-old Isner made 29 aces in just three sets against Garcia-Lopez with just one double fault and the fact that his first serve was at 79% was particularly impressive.
- Isner holds a healthy 3-0 head-to-head record over his next opponent Jan-Lennard Struff with all of those coming on hard courts, including at this stage of the US Open in 2014.
- Jan-Lennard Struff got his US Open campaign off to a confident start with a straight-sets victory over Norwegian starlet Casper Ruud, posting 20 aces in the process.
- The world number 37 beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in Cincinnati two weeks ago before losing to eventual champion Daniil Medvedev in a poor follow-up match.
- 29-year-old Struff is on an upward curve at this stage of his career and reached the third round of the US Open last year to register his best showing at Flushing Meadows, with this his sixth US Open campaign.
This match could see its fair share of tie-breaks as two of the best ace-makers at this tournament will battle it out in the second round. John Isner remains the US number one, with the likes of Frances Tiafoe, Reilly Opelka and Taylor Fritz in the mix to replace him as he reaches the latter stages of his career. However, 29 aces in the first round and a strong first serve percentage show promise for Isner here, with Struff’s performance against Casper Ruud also looking strong. This match could definitely see a set go each way, with at least two tie-breaks involved.